Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Days are Just Packed!


That's the title of one of the books my boys love. Calvin and Hobbes comics are the best and it's a shame there are no more new ones. That's not the heart of this post, though, but rather it's a commentary on my life these days.

Maybe I need to learn to say no, but in saying yes over the past couple of weeks, I have been tremendously blessed. From organizing the highschool track picnic to assisting in the planning of the baccalaureate service, to serving breakfast to graduating seniors, I've been hopping and could not be happier. During the months that BSF is in session, I limit my extra curricular activities so my focus can be on what God has called me to do at that point. When BSF is over, I can shift my focus and take on some other tasks and that's a little refreshing. This year I decided to help where I was needed, bloom where I was planted, make an impact in the area where God placed me. I've been planted squarely in the middle of a bunch of teens.

It's all good and I'm grateful that God has given me strength to do the tasks set before me. He's gifted me in a variety of ways and I'm not saying that to brag, but to acknowledge my strengths and thank Him for them. Maybe my biggest asset is to be like the Energizer Bunny and just go and go and go.

All that being said, I do look forward to the days that are a little slower. I'm not sure if I'll ever have a day like that again, but as long as I'm able, I'll try to serve with a smile on my face and be thankful that I'm able.

No comments:

Post a Comment